“When you change the way you view birth, the way you birth will change.” ~ Marie Mongan, Hypnobirthing
HypnoBirthing® is a complete childbirth education course that will fully prepare you for the birth of your baby. You will learn about routine interventions and alternatives so you can make informed choices that are right for you and your baby. This creates an empowering experience, allowing you to feel positive about your birthing journey.
You will come to understand how fear causes tension and pain, and leads to prolonged labour. You will be given relaxation tools and self-hypnosis techniques to remove fear, so that you can birth instinctively, calmly and confidently.
Despite the name there are no swinging pendulums and quacking like a duck! That’s entertainment hypnosis and very different then the tools you will be given to achieve deep relaxation through self-hypnosis.
All other female mammals birth in relative ease, as do women in many other cultures. It’s Tahira’s intention to help women reconnect with their innate birthing wisdom.
- Learn to release fear and tension that interfere with the natural physiological birthing process
- Learn how to create your body’s own natural anesthesia, allowing you to birth more comfortably
- Reduce or eliminate the need for medications
- Reduce or eliminate the need for interventions in all stages of labour
- Shorten the first phase of labour
- Learn breathing techniques that help you avoid the kind of harsh physical pushing that can lead to an episiotomy
- Leaves you feeling alert, awake and more energetic
- Gives your birthing companion a more integral role in your birth
- Promotes beneficial prenatal and perinatal bonding
- Creates an easier recovery