New! Perineal Massage for Childbirth
May 31 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
When it comes to perineal massage, this old saying definitely applies: “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure”. This workshop is aimed at teaching ways to improve the extensibility and relaxation of the perineal tissue in preparation for Childbirth.
Perineal massage during pregnancy involves gentle, manual stretching of the tissues that shape the birth canal. There is now strong scientific evidence indicating the benefits of perineal stretch/massage during the last 4-6 weeks of pregnancy, in minimizing vaginal tears, reducing the need for episiotomy during childbirth as well as improving postpartum tissue healing.
This course will be conducted by our Pelvic Health Physiotherapist, Aparna Brahma Reg PT , MScPT.
Who should take this course:
- All pregnant women nearing 34 weeks of their pregnancy and their support person.
- We encourage the support person to attend in order to understand the significance of their participation during Childbirth.
What will you learn?
- What is the perineum and where is it located?
- Why is perineal stretch important for childbirth (medicated or non-medicated)?
- Different techniques to stretch and massage the perineum for childbirth.
- How to relax your pelvic floor in preparation for birthing the baby?
- How can the support person help? (spouse, partner, or trusted support person)
- How to prepare your mind and tissues for the pushing stage of Labor.
- Breathing techniques during different stages of Labor
- Live Virtual Instruction and Demonstration on anatomical model of female perineum
- Wednesday, May 31st
- 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm.
- $75 per individual/couple
Click HERE to register!